This guide shows you how to create a discount code that your customers can enter at checkout to receive a percentage off their order.
1. Create the template
- Click on Marketing.
- Click on Promotions.
- Click on Promotion + on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select Percent Off as the promotion type.
- Untick all 3 boxes on the left hand side.
- Under Name enter what you’d like to call the promotion like ‘Mothers Day Discount’ for example.
- Under Description enter any information for your customers regarding the offer e.g. ‘Get money off your meal on Mother’s Day – offer only valid for 1 week’.
- Under Percent off choose how much money you want to give your customer off their order.
- If you wish you can choose a colour for the card by either entering an exact hex code or clicking on the colour wheel and choosing a colour. Here you can also Use your own image and choose a colour from that. Once you are happy click Apply.
- Next you can choose the Colour opacity of the card.
- You can also change the Text Colour if you wish.
- Please ignore Stamp Colour as this is only valid on Loyalty Cards.
- Under Expires After choose from the drop down when you’d like the discount promotion to end.
- Under Services, choose if you want the discount to apply to All Services or click Edit to choose which ones you’d like it to apply to. For Example you may only want it to apply to ‘Click & Collect’ and not ‘Delivery’ services.
- If you wish to add a background image to the card click Add Image, then Choose File to pick one that you’ve saved previously.
- Then click Create.
The template is now saved.
If you require any further help with this step please contact us.
2. Create the code
- Click on the Promo Cards tab on the top right of the screen.
- Click on Promo Card +.
- Click on the Select Customer button.
- If you have already added yourself as a customer, enter your name into the search bar and click enter. Then click on your name. If you have not entered yourself as a customer click Customer +, fill in your details and click Create, then search and click on your name.
- Untick the Generate Code box.
- Type into the box the code you’d like your customers to enter, like ‘MOTHERSDAY10’ for example. Please note this code needs to be at least 8 characters long.
- Keep the Amount & Expiry the same as the template.
- Then Click Create Card.
Your code is now ready to give out to customers on your social media pages or push notifications if you have the downloadable version of the app.
All your customer has to do is click Redeem Code on the top left of the checkout page, enter the code and click Apply Promotion before they pay for their order.
If you require any further help please contact us.
We’ll call you back within the hour.