This guide shows you how to create a gift card of a set value that customers can redeem with a code.
These cards are commonly used when giving out a code for prizes and competitions to individual customers.
1. Create the Template
- Click on Marketing.
- Click on Promotions.
- Click on Promotion + on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select Gift Card as the promotion type.
- Untick One User Per Card.
- If you would like there to be a QR code that can be scanned to search customer cards upon presentation for in person orders then keep QR Codes ticked, otherwise untick this box.
- In the Name field enter what you would like the card to be called or simply leave it as ‘Gift Card’.
- Under Description enter some information for your customers such as ‘Enter code to apply card to your order at checkout.’ for example.
- Add the monetary amount you require in the Suggested Amount field.
- If you wish you can choose a Colour for the card by either entering an exact hex code or clicking on the colour wheel and choosing a colour. Here you can also Use your own image and choose a colour from that, once you are happy click Apply.
- Next you can choose the Colour opacity of the card.
- You can also change the Text Colour if you wish.
- Under Expires After choose from the drop down menu when you’d like the card to expire or keep it on Never if applicable.
- Under Services, choose if you want the discount to apply to All Services or click Edit to choose which ones you’d like it to apply to. For Example you may only want it to apply to ‘Click & Collect’ and not ‘Delivery’ services.
- If you wish to add a background image to the card click Add Image, then Choose File to pick one that you’ve saved previously.
- Click Create.
If you require any further help with this step please contact us.
2. Create the code to give out to a Customer
- Click Promo Card +.
- Click Select Customer.
- If you have already added yourself as a customer, use the Search bar to find your name and Click on it. If you have not completed this step prior to this click on Customer +, add your details and click Create, then <, then click on your name.
- Under Promo Card untick the Generate Code box and then enter the code you wish to give out into the field opposite.
- If you wish for this individual card to have a different expiry to the template you can untick the Default Expiry box, click on the Calendar icon and choose a date.
- Once you are happy click Create Card.
You can now give out this unique code to your competition winner.
To redeem it they need to place their order, go to Checkout, click Redeem Code, enter the code and click Submit Code, then click Apply Promotion under the card that appears and the value of their card will then be deducted from their order.
They’ll then have to register their account or login if they have already done this to place their order.
If you need to redeem the card in person you can click on Marketing, then Promotions, then Manage Cards. Enter the customers name in the search bar and press enter or if you are using an iOS device you can scan the QR code on the customers card on their app to locate it. Once the card is located, click on the Debit Card button. Enter the Order Amount to be debited and a Customer Message if necessary. Click Submit and the amount will be debited from the card.
If you require any further help please contact us.